Job Vacancy - Plumber - HMS Raleigh
Boden Group provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector and facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for a Plumber to provide their expertise for planned and unplanned maintenance response. The work encompasses all aspects of plumbing for building maintenance along with the delivery of new installation work. The role also requires the application of basic building fabric skills. The successful candidate will be based at HMS Raleigh with the requirement to attend other sites on an operational needs basis. A flexible attitude to a multi-skilled environment is essential, as is the willingness to undertake new qualifications if required to suit both personal and business development.
Preventative Maintenance Tasks:
· Attending to reactive tasks on water systems; leaks, blockages etc
· Install and repair water, drainage lines etc
· Install and repair plumbing fixtures—bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets
· Unblocking drainage systems, including pipework, urinals, toilets etc
· Attend to planned maintenance on water systems
· Assist mechanical engineers
· Carry out basic building fabric tasks
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
· First Aid at Work
· NVQ L2 in Plumbing Installation
· Basic building fabric skills / BTEC in construction
· Swimming pool plant operator/maintenance certificate
· Legionella L8 awareness
· PASMA & IPAF certification
· Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance.
· Must have a ‘can do' attitude and contribute to the team effort.
· Must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
· Competent response maintenance engineer who can demonstrate extensive knowledge of JSP’s or quickly be able to demonstrate.
· Flexible in approach to roles and responsibilities which a willingness to undertake tasks outside their own trade and, if required, undertake qualifications outside their trade.
· Must be flexible towards working at sites other than that they are based, particularly in support of immediate area or be willing to travel to attend training or meetings.
· Focused, motivated and enthusiastic.
· Capable of completing all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
· Good decision making and organisational skills.
To apply for this position, please send your cv and cover letter to HR@bodengroup.co.uk