Apprentice Electrician – Plymouth
Boden Group provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
We now have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Electrician to work with our Core Team based at our Plymouth sites.
The start date for this appointment will take account of the successful candidate’s current/planned attendance on a day-release electrical installation course at college.
Apprenticeship Standard and Training:
- During your apprenticeship you will be expected to achieve the appropriate NVQ Level 3 qualification within the Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician Standard. This will be achieved through a combination of college studies on day release and practical training covering a range of skills and tasks including;
- Fault finding to resolve reactive electrical issues in a timely and professional manner
- Emergency light testing and emergency light repairs
- General power and lighting repairs
- Electrical installations
- Appreciating electrical test and inspection procedures
- General electrical repairs and servicing tasks
- Able to perform effectively as part of a small team
- Keeping clear and concise written records for use by others and for training portfolio
- Providing information to supervisors and managers to facilitate solutions to problems
- Consistently producing work to a high standard
- Completing work in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring that all works are carried out to Boden and Client standards, policies and procedures and expectations
- Ensuring Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always followed
- Practical hands-on skills
- Interest in electrical engineering
- Listening and communication skills
- Good ICT skills
- Can show initiative and problem solve
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort
- Flexible and adaptable approach to tasks and training
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic
- Committed, reliable and willing to learn new skills
- Able to follow procedures and instructions and have attention to detail
- 5 GCSEs; grade C/4 or above including English, Maths and Science
- Must be able to gain and retain required MoD security clearance
To apply for this position, please send a cv and a covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk
Candidates who have already applied for our current Apprentice Electrician vacancies within our Mobile Team and who live in the Plymouth area, will be contacted by the company to enquire if they also wish to be considered for this new vacancy.