Fire & Security Service Manager
Boden Group provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to work with the Fire and Security team to facilitate and deliver all HFM, Response works and additional works where required. This will be achieved by allocating and processing the job packs as they are received.
The Service manager will supervise the administrative team to provide support to the estimators and managers within the department. The role will also include some production of purchase orders/invoices to process job packs to completion and the resolution of invoice queries.
The Service Manager will be expected to run all small works projects from quotation stage through to completion. Furthermore, the role will work closely with all engineers, site supervisors and other managers to ensure delivery against stringent deadlines.
- Schedule staff with the use of Alarm master system and tablets, ensuring staff are working effectively. In addition, all required parts and equipment to be sourced to meet scheduled requirements for all job parks/ HFM tasks
- Working with site supervisors to facilitate access, dates and all relevant paperwork to ensure job pack can be completed in a timely and safe manner in order meet contractual KPIs
- Proactive management of reporting to ensure all SLAs are met for client
- Liaise with site supervisors to ensure that remedial tasks can be scheduled on time
- Invoicing of job packs ensuring every invoice is tracked and any queries dealt with efficiently to minimise delay in payment from client
- Liaise with projects team to ensure staff resource is provided where required
- Deal with email and telephone internal/external queries
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are complied with
- Cover any other reasonable duties requested by Supervisor/Manager
- Follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy
- Keep work area tidy and free from hazards
- Make a positive contribution to housekeeping
- Report and address any safety defects
Desired Experience and Abilities:
- Experience in Service management role or similar
- Knowledge and awareness of contract HFM task and response maintenance within a fixed price contract environment
- Building management, facility and maintenance operations
- Awareness and capability of understanding legislation within the Fire and Security sector
- Understanding of both Company Health and Safety and HR policies and processes
- Able to understand and interpret fixed price contracts
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to manage a team
- Good team player
- Able to build strong internal/external working relationships
- Competently manage tasks simultaneously
- Responsibility to follow up on actions based on various deadlines and differing priorities
- Ability to prioritise workload and excellent time management
To apply for this position, please send a cv and a covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk