HR Advisor - Tiverton
Boden Group are a regional leader in Facilities Management. The group has established itself as a trusted partner, working with the MOD, healthcare, education, and local government sectors across the Southwest. With its four core divisions covering Facilities Management, Mechanical & Electrical, Fire & Security and Construction couples with a supply chain of specialist service contractors, Boden Group has the experience to deliver an extensive range of services. Because of its growth, we are now looking for an experienced HR Advisor to help develop the business.
- Support the business in developing a visible, progressive, and forward-thinking HR function that supports the business in achieving its operational and strategic objectives and become a recognised employer of choice within the Facilities Management industry.
- Act as a source of professional HR advice to managers and the business.
- Support the whole employee lifecycle bringing in new ideas, thinking and best practice to ensure a joined-up and forward-thinking HR function.
- Provide first line generalist HR advice and support on terms and conditions of employment and HR policies and procedures, with a view to resolving matters on advice.
- Partner with management to ensure the consistent implementation and communication of Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws across the business.
- Advises managers and supervisors on all employment and employee relations matters ensuring company procedures and policies are followed.
- Develop and implement HR policies for the company with regard to employee relations ensuring good and best practices across the business.
- Ensure the full utilisation of HR software and systems to the company's advantage. Develop the use of HR systems across the business to ensure efficient HR administration and record keeping.
- Lead the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs for your area of the business, working with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent process across the business.
- Work with the HR Lead to ensure fair pay and reward systems across the business. Research and recommend changes and improvements as necessary and support the annual pay review and bonus processes.
- Maintains employee-related databases and have a digital-first mindset.
- Prepares and analyses reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Recommend innovative employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Build strong working relationships with all departments and functions across the business.
- Support recruitment and resource planning activities are in-line with the company People Plan.
- Work with the HR and Recruitment lead to support the management of the end-to-end recruitment process using innovative practices and procedures necessary to recruit and retain a superior workforce.
- Review and update job descriptions and person specifications for all roles.
- Support the company in developing a positive culture across the business.
- Identify development needs and advise on appropriate solutions.
- Protects and works in the best interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies, governmental laws and regulations.
- Ensure HR KPI’s are met.
- Works effectively with Unions to achieve positive resolutions and relationships.
- Any other generalist HR duties commensurate with the role assigned by Company Directors.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience as an HR advisor or similar role.
- Working knowledge of UK employment law, good and best practice.
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams and independently.
- Proven ability to advise and work with staff at all levels in the business.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems and their effective use.
- Demonstratable strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to manage a varied workload.
- Ability to write and present information in an appropriate format for a variety of audiences.
- Personable with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and capabilities across all levels of the business.
- Focused on your own personal and professional development (which you share within your team).
- Ability to research, analyse and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
- Working on HR projects and/or change initiatives.
- Development and delivery of training to first-line managers and supervisors.
- Ability to design clear and fair company policies.
- Union experience.
- TUPE experience.
- CIPD Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent, or willingness to study at this level.
- CIPD Level 7 qualification or equivalent, or willingness to study at this level.
Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- Driven and determined.
- Honest and open
- Developing people
- Enhancing performance
- Establishing culture
- Customer service and service excellence
- Continuous professional development
To apply for this position, please send your cv and a covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk