Mobile Painter - South West
Boden Construction provide the highest level of construction services to a client portfolio which includes the Ministry of Defence sites and a range of facilities maintenance and commercial customers across the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Painter and Decorator to join our construction team in carrying out internal/external reactive maintenance and planned refurbishment or new builds at our clients’ premises. There will be a need for flexibility to travel across the region and stay away from home on the odd occasion. The ideal candidate will live close to the M5/A38 corridor between Taunton and Plymouth.
- Carry out the full range of painting and decorating activities including; surface preparation, painting, wall papering, silicone grouting and basic plastering
- Organise through the central office all required materials for planned tasks
- Reporting back to the company on any potential additional works for the client
- Ensuring all work is completed to the highest quality standards and meets the client’s requirements
- Carry out work in line with health and safety procedures
- Using appropriate access equipment as trained
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- City and Guilds Level 2/3 in Painting and Decorating or equivalent experience
- Able to demonstrate practical working experience of working at a client’s premises which remain operational during the duration of painting and decorating activities
- PASMA/IPAF access equipment use qualifications (desirable)
- Able to communicate as appropriate with clients during work activities
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort
- Must hold a full valid UK driving licence
- Flexible in approach to roles and responsibilities, with a willingness to undertake tasks and if required qualifications outside of their own trade
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to complete all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner
- Good decision making and organisational skills
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk; previous applicants need not apply.