M&E Project Manager – South Region
Boden Group is a successful local company with a strong focus on providing the highest level of facilities maintenance service to Ministry of Defence sites and a range of other customers across the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for an M&E Project Manager to be based in the South region, covering HMS Raleigh, RNAS Culdrose and RAF St Mawgan Sites. The purpose of this role is to manage additional work projects up to the total value of £500k in a year and ensure they are delivered safely, effectively and efficiently on time, in budget to a quality standard. The successful candidate will be responsible for project status reporting, liaising with the customer and end user to ensure operational activities are not affected and that any changes to programmes and potential issues are escalated appropriately.
- Direct responsibility for on time delivery and Budget for Project works in the excess of 1M per annum
- In-direct Responsibility for ensuring Company procedures and Health and Safety legislation are adhered to and implemented by on site all delivery teams.
- Providing support to the Operations Manager on service delivery, performance management for area of responsibility.
- Focus on efficiency and continuous improvement to optimise operational performance. This will be achieved by increasing productivity and better use of resources, materials, time spent on activities and associated costs
- Work in conjunction with Operations Manager and other Regional Managers to reduce sub-contract spend and increase self-delivery through upskilling and effective succession planning
- Seeking and following up on potential new opportunities for business expansion within the region
Required Experience and Abilities:
- Minimum Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or technical discipline
- Previous management experience within a Project Management environment across multiple sites/Disciplines
- Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications
- Over 5 years’ Experience within similar position within the FM or similar sector
- Previous knowledge and experience of MoD contracts or work with security environments
- Completed or willing to work towards a lead management qualification
- Ability to manage, programme and monitor core activities and additional works against requirements, budget and ensuring KPIs are achieved
- Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
- Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing and motivating individuals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations
- Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
- Experienced at analysing data, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions and enable accurate forecasts for area of responsibility.
- Sound decision making based on information available and ability to react to changing demands and prioritise activities according to available resources
- Ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders
To apply for this position, please send a CV and Covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk