Boden Group provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for a Plumbing/Fabric Engineer to provide their expertise for reactive building maintenance as well as minor projects. Based at the MoD base at Lympstone, with the requirement to attend other sites as required on an operational need basis.
- General building including; plastering and floor/wall tiling
- Basic Carpentry and joinery (Handles, hinges and door closers)
- Painting and decorating
- Door and lock fitting/repairs
- Window and glass fitting
- Attending to reactive tasks on water systems; leaks, blockages etc.
- Install and repair water, drainage lines etc.
- Install and repair Plumbing Fixtures—bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets
- Unblocking drainage systems, including pipework, urinals, toilets etc.
- Attend to planned maintenance on water systems
- Providing costs to be included in quotes for further identified works
- Representing the company/client whilst interacting with sub-contractors
- Being part of the call-out rota
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Able to demonstrate a multi-skilled working experience within a building maintenance or construction environment
- Previous knowledge and experience of MOD contracts
- NVQ L2 in Plumbing installation
- Basic fabric skills / BTEC in construction
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance.
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort.
- Must hold a full valid UK drivers license.
- Flexible in approach to roles and responsibilities which a willingness to undertake tasks outside their own trade and if required, undertake qualifications outside their own trade.
- Must be flexible towards working at sites other than that at which they are based, particularly in support of immediate area or be willing to travel to attend training or meetings for example.
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of completing all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
- Good decision making and organisational skills.
To apply for this position, please send your cv and covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk