Project Manager - RNAS Culdrose
Boden Group provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services for the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to be based at RNAS Culdrose/RAF St Mawgans. The purpose of this role is to manage additional work projects up to a total value of £500k a year and ensure they are delivered safely, effectively and efficiently on time, in budget to a quality standard. The successful candidate will be responsible for project status reporting, liaising with the customer and end users to ensure operational activities are not affected and that any changes to programmes and potential issues are escalated appropriately.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scoping, costing and project managing life cycle replacement and client generated additional works projects
- Ensuring all project opportunities are assessed for commercial and safety risks and priced accordingly
- On time and within budget delivery of project works including pre-start meetings, health and safety, programme and snagging for a variety of project types including mechanical and electrical, building and minor works
- Ensuring all labour and material resources are available and planned
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure compliance with client and company health and safety processes and procedures including CDM regulations
- Preparing, planning and co-ordinating all activities associated with disruptions arising from project works including liaison with the client and all related parties
- Appointing and managing suitable contractors and direct labour staff to deliver the site works; ensuring they have required competencies for their roles
- Displaying a sound knowledge of contract requirements for the services managed
- Managing customer and client relationships
- Interrogating system reports to monitor project delivery and financial performance
- Reporting on project status at banding and project meetings and detail any necessary recovery plans to achieve project targets and deadlines
- Promoting a pro-active safety culture and conducting safety inspections on project work activities
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in an electrical/mechanical or building discipline
- Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications
- Previous experience in either a supervisor or project manager role
- Project management methodology – APM or PRINCE2
- Previous experience of working in a MOD environment
- Ability to manage, programme and monitor projects against requirements and budget
- Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
- Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing individuals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations
- Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
- Experienced at analysing data, reading and interpreting construction drawings, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions
- Sound decision making based on information available and ability to react to changing demands and prioritise activities according to available resources
- Ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk; previous applicants need not apply.