SHEQ Manager - Tiverton
Boden Group provide general facilities maintenance, fire and security systems maintenance and construction project work for Ministry of Defence sites and the commercial sector within the South West.
As part of the group’s continual development a new opportunity has arisen for a SHEQ Manager reporting to the Managing Director. They will ensure that all health and safety, environmental and quality processes and procedures are implemented and maintained across the business. The successful candidate will lead a team of dedicated SHEQ professionals in enhancing the safety culture and continuous improvement in quality management systems. The role will also have line management responsibility for the HR function.
- Accountable to the Board of Directors for the on-going development, implementation, and review of the Business Objectives and specific SHEQ plan.
- Responsible for the production of a Management Report to be presented to the Board on a monthly basis demonstrating progress against Business Objectives, QMS KPIS,
- Contract & legal requirements and department objectives & initiatives
- Ensure Health and Safety, Quality and HR policies and procedures are in place, maintained and produced in accordance with legal requirements and approved by a designated responsible person.
- Manage the internal & external quality audit programme, NCR process and external parties to drive continual improvement culture and maintain compliance in accordance with Accreditations and Business processes.
- Develop current quality management systems displaying continuous improvement culture and lead with acquiring new accreditations in line with Business objectives from inception to accreditation
- Identify any areas of risk within the business and develop and fully implement measures to reduce and control.
- Ensure that Department leads recognise and implement the necessary actions to comply with legislation and quality standards and provide training support where necessary.
- Support the SMT colleagues, in regard to areas related to SHEQ in the implementation of their Business Objectives and work with them collaboratively to achieve workable solutions.
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with key customers taking the lead on matters of Safety, Environmental and Quality matters and where possible develop innovative solutions and schemes in conjunction with clients, demonstrating continuous improvement culture.
- In conjunction with the HR Lead, help develop and deliver objectives of the Group’s People Plan
- Agree objectives for direct reports as part of the appraisal process in accordance with Business Objectives and Company Cornerstones and develop team strengths and weaknesses to drive continuous improvement.
- Fulfil lead role in Establishing and maintaining Supply chain relationships to deliver short-, medium- and long-term objectives of the Company and ensure full compliance with our legal and company requirements.
As part of the Senior Management Team you will be required to;
- Help develop the Business Strategic plan alongside the Board of Directors and take ownership of delivery within their respected departments.
- Implement effective solutions throughout the duration of specific Business objectives.
- Establish achievable goals for the team and Individuals and manage teams towards successful completion both, on time and Budget.
- Coordinating cross business activities with functional departments in support of short-, Medium- and Long-term Wider Business Objectives.
- Managing the demands of Internal and External stakeholders through the board of directors.
- Live, breath and promote the Company Cornerstones to aid the Culture change.
- Supporting the Board of Directors with key business decisions and report back to them on. Report back to the board of directors on the department performance against established KPIs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Detailed understanding of quality management principles, health and safety and environmental legislation, guidance and codes of practice and best practice
- Experience of implementing ISO and other quality standards within an organisation
- Awareness of general HR policies and procedures and employment legislation
- Experience of providing advice to a range of stakeholders
- Led on project planning and implementation
- Management and development of other professional staff
- IT literate and able to use a wide selection of software tools
- Chartered Member of IOSH with experience of developing health and safety and environmental plans and new procedures
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety
- Membership of IEMA
- Accident and Incident investigations
- Trained Auditor
- Able to communicate and engage with people and influence others to maintain high standards and quality in a busy operational environment
- Strong leadership behaviours
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Confidential and trustworthy with strong integrity
- Effective time management skills and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, flexible and able to multi-task
- Tenacious and determined