Boden Group provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Carpenter who has the ability to read drawings, run power tools and machinery. The role would involve working with our team on the larger sites and also being able to manager your own workload on smaller projects and extensions.
- Structural timber, roofs, joists, and studding
- Fitting doors, architraves and skirting boards
- Installing kitchens
- Inserting UPVC doors, windows and frames
- Repairing windows, handles and hinges
- Plastering patches and boarding
- Sealing baths, sinks and worktops
- Renewing and repairing fences
- Minor maintenance works
- External fabric repairs
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- An NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry or equivalent qualification
- Full driving licence
- CSCS card
- Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
- Demonstrate track record of effectively driving and improving team performance
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to ‘lead from the front’ leading by example showing strong performance management and leadership skills, assertive and target focused
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; previous applicants need not apply.