Small Works Manager
Boden Construction provide the highest level of facilities maintenance services to a client portfolio which includes the Ministry of Defence sites and a range of FM and Retail customers across the South West.
The opportunity has arisen for a Small Works Manager to join out Construction Team in carrying out internal/external reactive maintenance and planned refurbishment or new builds at our clients’ premises. There will be a need for flexibility to travel across the Region.
- Direct responsibility for on time delivery & Budget for Project works in the up to a Value of 50K
- In-direct Responsibility for ensuring Company procedures and Health and Safety legislation are adhered to and implemented by on site all delivery teams.
- Providing support to the Construction Manager on service delivery, performance management for area of responsibility.
- Focus on efficiency and continuous improvement to optimise operational performance of the Team. This will be achieved by increasing productivity and better use of resources, materials, time spent on activities and associated costs
- Work in conjunction with Department Managers to reduce sub-contract spend and increase self-delivery through upskilling and effective succession planning
- Seeking and following up on potential new opportunities for business expansion within the Region
- Ability to manage, programme and monitor core activities and additional works against requirements, budget and ensuring KPIs are achieved
- Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
- Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing and motivating individuals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations
- Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
- Experienced at analysing data, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions and enable accurate forecasts for area of responsibility.
- Sound decision making based on information available and ability to react to changing demands and prioritise activities according to available resources
- Ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or technical discipline
- Previous management experience within a Project Management environment across multiple sites/Disciplines
- Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications
- Over 5 years’ Experience within similar position within the FM or similar sector
- Previous knowledge and experience of MoD contracts or work with security environments
- Completed or willing to work towards a lead management qualification
To apply for this role, please send CV and covering letter to: HR@bodengroup.co.uk