General Duties Assistant - South Region
Boden Group Facilities provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence at multiple sites in the South West.
Due to a significant increase in on-going project activity, an opportunity has arisen for a qualified Carpenter and another opening for a Fabric Engineer to provide their expertise on new build and refurbishment within a building construction and maintenance environment. The candidates will also be expected to support on preventative and reactive maintenance as well as working in hazardous areas. Based at RNAS Yeovilton, there will also be regular travel to other locations within Devon, Dorset and Somerset and there may also be a need to work at other sites across the South West.
Experience in any of the following:
- General building including; brick/block laying, plastering and tiling for floor and walls.
- Carpentry and joinery
- Painting and decorating
- Door and lock fitting/repairs
- Window and glass fitting
- Roofing and flooring
- Groundworks and drainage
- Basic plumbing repairs
- Providing costs to be included in quotes for further identified works
Multi-skilled working in a building maintenance or construction environment
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort
- Must hold a full valid UK driving licence
- Ability to plan work activities and order required materials
- Proficient in the safe use of a range of power and hand tools
- Compliance with health and safety regulations, assessments and procedures
- Flexible in approach to roles and responsibilities with a willingness to undertake tasks outside their own trade and if required, undertake qualifications outside their own trade
- Must be flexible towards working at sites other than that at which they are based
- Able to work on call out rota or outside normal working hours if required
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain excellent client relationship
- Good time management
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic
- Capable of completing all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner
- Computer literate
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com; previous applicants need not apply.